Michigan Head & Spine Institute (MHSI) is pleased to announce its newest location at McLaren Oakland in Pontiac. As the largest neurosurgical practice in southeastern Michigan, MHSI’s neurosurgical team brings experience and expertise in treating all areas of brain, neck and spine for adults and children; from stroke, aneurysms, brain tumors, tremors, disc herniation, nerve damage, to spinal injury and many other neurosurgical conditions.
This expertise extends to creating, enhancing and teaching other doctors neurosurgical procedures like minimally invasive surgical techniques. In addition to general and minimally invasive neurosurgical techniques, each brings a unique specialty:
- Daniel Fahim, M.D., specializes in treating brain tumors, complex spine issues and minimally invasive procedures.
- Holly Gilmer, M.D., specializes in pediatric neurosurgery and is nationally renowned for treating Chiari Malformation.
- Jeffrey Jacob, M.D., specializes in craniofacial and skull base procedures for treating brain tumors and aneurysms.
- Robert Johnson, II, M.D., specializes in neurotrauma/traumatic brain injury and complex spine, including cervical and lumbar conditions.
- Kevin Lee, M.D., specializes in spinal endoscopy and pain management, including injections and spinal cord stimulation procedures.
- Todd Nida, M.D., specializes in traumatic brain injury and complex spine and cervical treatments.
- Pradeep Setty, D.O., specializes in endoscopic skull based procedures for treating brain tumors and aneurysms.
Robert Johnson, II, M.D., president of Michigan Head & Spine Institute says, “Bringing Michigan Head & Spine Institute to McLaren Oakland patients in the northern Oakland County increases access to the best possible emergency neurosurgical care whether it be from a sudden onset situation like a stroke, an auto or home accident.”
“McLaren Oakland strives to provide its patients the best care possible; this high caliber group of neurosurgeons not only cover emergency cases, but expands our ability to provide elective neurosurgery care to patients in our community who suffer from neurological conditions, explains Margaret Dimond, president and CEO, McLaren Oakland.
Michigan Head & Spine Institute (MHSI) is the largest neurosurgical practice in southeast Michigan, on staff at nearly every health system, with 10 locations in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties. MHSI currently has 34 physicians and advance practice clinicians, many of whom are nationally renowned for their research and expertise in minimally invasive surgical procedures, complex neck and spine conditions and Chiari malformation.
For more information about Michigan Head & Spine Institute visit MHSI.us